Sunday, May 27, 2012

Week 4 Comment on Katie Ross’s Art of Possibility chapters 9-12 post


Katie,

Your post based on this past week’s reading really resonated with me. I, too, have been considering all the things that I can do with the free time I’ll have after graduating from Full Sail. (Planning the time is great, but I fear sometimes I’ll have so much fun planning, I’ll forget to DO!) One of the things I’m most looking forward to is having time to dedicate to some local organizations, including Habitat for Humanity and my local LGBT center, where I can volunteer tutoring services for kids who are looking for safe space after school.  

We’ve all had our lights sparked at Full Sail—by our professors and by each other. Now, it’s our turn to pass on the light. Your blog post was a great reminder of that. Thanks! -Kim

Katie’s post



Excuse me, does anyone have a lighter because I have a light that needs to be sparked!

Over the past 11 months I’ve put a lot of things to the side to focus on school so that I could get the most out of it. I can now say, since I can see the end so close  ( No worries Professor Joe, I’m not taking a break yet)I”ve been thinking what I’m I going to do with all of my free time.  The answer finally came to me over a short vacation last week and it’s, volunteer for the Big Brother Big Sister organization here in Orlando. I want to spread my spark out to children who are just looking for a spark to follow. Who are looking for assistance lighting their own spark. As a small speck on this big universe I always try to give back. However the time has come for me to give back to another person.  The ending of the EMDT program is a great time for me to pick up another life changing torch.

Sometimes in life it’s important to just let things go.  When you can’t change the situation and you can’t make someone see your point of view, and you have done all you can do….you just have to let it go and move on. You can’t life let you pass it by like it did for the husband whose wife had cheated on him.  It’s ok to let things go it brings so much peace to the situation. It also allows for growth to take place, which may even let you see a different point of view.

The framework of possibility is being YOU! When we stand up to right is right and we stand up to people who are doing wrong we are creating the framework. Sometimes that means doing something that you don’t want to do to create a better situation, and other times it’s just speaking the truth.

I believe I have had the pleasure to lift people up to help them do and be more. At times I’ve been lifted up.  One thing that I love is that my husband and I both lift each other up and we also always help push each other towards the next best thing.  This chapter is one reason why I think it’s very important to surround oneself with good people.  It’s important to be around people who you can help make better and who can help make yourself better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment