Saturday, October 8, 2011

PE3 iMovie


Complete! I must admit to a certain amount of pride in earning my first ever Lynda.com certificate of completion. A part of me wants to send my mom a copy for the fridge :) 

Just to comment on the training in general, I really enjoyed and benefited from the Lynda.com tutorial by Garrick Chow. The short clips were a perfect length and easy to digest, the lessons themselves were very easy to follow, and I appreciated the text boxes that popped up to help us follow along with keyboard commands and menu shortcuts. I was also very impressed by the fact that, with a more premium membership, users of Lynda.com could have access to the sample files that Garrick Chow used in his lesson.

The director of technology at my school has expressed interest in having some faculty members make software training videos, not unlike the iMovie ’11 Essential Training course, for other teachers.  Having seen this example of a lesson on Lynda.com, I’m more inspired than ever! I’ve already made a few very short videos, about three minutes in length each, using Screenflow. This tutorial has shown me just how powerful and useful a video training segment can be.

Regarding iMovie, I’ve been very impressed by features I previously did not know the application offered. Some of these I know are restricted to the newest version. I particularly enjoyed working with the trailers. As you’ll see in my video, I might have had just a little bit too much fun in that arena…enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Kim I love your video! You standing outside holding the Mac over your head was great! My husband and I can't stop laughing at how creative your video is!

    I feel like I should send my iMovie to my mom so she can hang it on the fridge as well. You know what if you want to send it to me I will hang it on my fridge, right next to mine. hehe;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment