Wednesday, September 28, 2011

BP1_Welcome to my blog

Welcome to TeachSTEM, one science teacher's blog. The purpose of this blog is to explore the potential of the flipped classroom model in the high school science classroom. According to this model, students consume lecture content at home in the form of video podcasts, screencasts, etc., then come to class ready to perform more demanding tasks--the sorts usually assigned as homework. The flipped class was first targeted at college students, but was recently popularized by high school chemistry teachers Aaron Sams and Jonathan Bergmann.

I currently attend Full Sail University as a Masters student in the Education Media Design and Technology program. This program will culminate in my Action Research project, in which I implement a flipped classroom model myself and evaluate its effectiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment